Big announcements aplenty at the .NEXT 2023 conference.
In no particular order:
1. Nutanix Central: A SaaS based cloud-delivered solution that will provide a single interface for managing ALL of your Prism Central deployments, whether on-prem, cloud or MSP. In early-access now(ish) with features set to roll out going forward.
2. Multicloud Snapshot Technology (MST) - This allows snapshots directly to cloud-native datastores in S3.
3. Project Beacon - This initiative takes aim to provide a portfolio of data-centric PaaS services available natively in the cloud. It's intent is to decouple applications and their data from the underlying infrastructure, giving developers greater flexibility to build applications once and run them across various environments natively on Nutanix or in the public cloud.
4. Nutanix Data Services for Kubernetes (NDK) - in early access. NDK is designed to deliver enterprise-class storage, snapshots and DR capability to Kubernetes.
5. NCP enahancements which include the ability to dynamically apply security policies across multiclouds enabling secure, seamless virtual networks using Flow Virtual Networking. Available now in NC2/Azure, and in development for AWS.
It was also a chance to meet up with old friends and make some new ones. NUG Chapter Champions in attendance met in the Solutions Expo for some hangout time and a group photo:
Shout out to all the Nutanix Technology Champions in the Day 2 General Session:
Great conference, nice venue. It was nice having the conference so close to home base. Hope to see everybody in 2024!
We had been running Nutanix successfully for years on the ESXi platform. We initially landed on ESXi because that's what we were using when we decided to move to HCI-first. In an effort to streamline operations, lifecycle management, we took a serious look at AHV as an option -- after all, it was included with the Nutanix licenses we were already paying for. We added an AHV cluster to our test lab and put it through the paces for a few months and then we decided it was ready for primetime, so we kicked off this project.
Challenges to overcome:
Phase: Execution & Migration
Here are the steps to move virtual machines from ESXi to Nutanix AHV using Nutanix Move:
With openDCIM, you can manage and track a variety of physical assets in your data center, including servers, switches, power distribution units (PDUs), and more. The software provides a web-based user interface for managing your data center infrastructure and includes features such as:
openDCIM is highly customizable, allowing you to customize it to meet your specific data center needs. A few customizable options: